Monday 16 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1928 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ezra Sims: Composer.
- John William Fozard: Aircraft designer.
- William Kennedy: American journalist historian and author.
- Pilar Lorengar: Spanish (Aragonese) soprano who was best known for her interpretations of opera and the Spanish genre Zarzuela, and as a soprano for her full register, a youthful timbre as well as a distinctive vibrato.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?