Wednesday 16 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tage Nielsen and Francesco Scavullo in Staten Island.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1929 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Tage Nielsen: Composer.
- Francesco Scavullo in Staten Island: New York, USA; celebrity photographer.
- Jean Boissonnat: French economist and journalist.
- G Hogan: American jazz drummer.
- Allard Lowenstein: American author, lawyer, social activist and politician, a tireless political strategist.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?