Wednesday 16 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1929 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- G Hogan: American jazz drummer.
- Francesco Scavullo in Staten Island: New York, USA; celebrity photographer.
- Jean Boissonnat: French economist and journalist.
- Tage Nielsen: Composer.
- Allard Lowenstein: American author, lawyer, social activist and politician, a tireless political strategist.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?