Thursday 16 January 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1930 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Clarence Ray Allen: American murderer (d. 2006).
- Nicole Ladmiral: French actress, who died in Paris on 11 April 1958.
- Louis Poletti: France sport Champion.
- Norman Podhoretz in Brooklyn: New York, USA; author/editor (New York Post).
- Clarence Allen: American murderer (d. 2006).
- Mary McMorrow: American lawyer and judge (d. 2013)
- Norman Podhoretz: American journalist and author
- Paula Tilbrook: English actress
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1930 and get them!