Friday 16 January 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Skutina and Robert L Park.
The Painted Desert, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1931 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Vladimir Skutina: Writer playwright / journalist.
- Robert L Park: American physicist.
- Johannes Rau: German politician, President of Germany from 1 July 1999 to 30 June 2004.
- John Enderby: English physicist and academic.
- Robert Park: American physicist and academic.
- Bradman scores 223 Australia vs. WI, 297 mins, 26 fours
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?