Thursday 16 January 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael White .
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1936 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Michael White: Theater / film producer (From Russia With Love).
- 1st photo finish camera installed at Hialeah Race track in Hialeah Florida
- Spanish socialists / communists / anarchists form Unidad Popular
- Screen Actors Guild incorporates with King Vidor as president.
- Serial killer Albert Fish is executed in Sing Sing Prison.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?