Monday 16 January 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1939 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Mac Curtis: American singer (d. 2013).
- Ralph Gibson: American photographer.
- Marshall Trimble: American author, singer, community college professor, and Arizona's official state historian.
- Albert Fish: American serial killer (d. 1936).
- Comic strip Superman debuts in the USA.
- The Irish Republican Army (IRA) begins a bombing and sabotage campaign in England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1939 and get them!