Monday 16 January 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marshall Trimble and Mac Curtis.
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1939 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Marshall Trimble: American author, singer, community college professor, and Arizona's official state historian.
- Mac Curtis: American singer (d. 2013).
- Ralph Gibson: American photographer.
- Albert Fish: American serial killer (d. 1936).
- Comic strip Superman debuts in the USA.
- The Irish Republican Army (IRA) begins a bombing and sabotage campaign in England.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 January 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?