Thursday 16 January 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1941 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Christine Truman: English tennis player and sportscaster.
- Christine Janes: Tennis player.
- Richard Bohringer: Paris, France -- Actor (Diva, I Married a Shadow).
- War Department forms first Army Air Corps squadron for black cadets.
- US vice admiral Bellinger warns of an assault on Pearl Harbor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?