Sunday 16 January 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1944 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Dieter Moebius: Swiss-German keyboard player and producer (Cluster Harmonia and Moebius & Plank) (d. 2015).
- Jim Stafford: American singer-songwriter and actor.
- Jill Tarter: American astronomer and biologist.
- Judy Topinka: American journalist and politician (d. 2014).
- Gerd Klier: German footballer (d. 2011).
- Chris de Marigny: Painter / designer
- Jim Stafford in Eloise: Florida, USA; singer ("Spiders and Snakes", "My Girl Bill").
- Ronnie Milsap in Robbinsville: North Carolina, USA; country singer ("Any Day Now", "Legend in My Time").
- Gen Eisenhower took command of Allied Invasion Force in London
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1944 and get them!