Tuesday 16 January 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Song to Remember, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1945 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Wim Suurbier: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Kabir Bedi: Actor (Thief of Baghdad, Terminal Entry).
- William Walsh: American attorney, indicted 10/01/1992 on 29 counts of bank fraud and 29 counts of false statements.
- Dennis Donnini: British rifleman (Victoria Cross), dies in battle at age 19.
- Scottish 52nd land division / 1st Commando brigade-assault at Heinsberg
- Carl Karcher opens his first restaurant, Carl's Drive-In Barbeque in Los Angeles, California.
- US 1st and 3rd army meet at Houffalise.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Always
- You Always Hurt the One You Love - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?