Thursday 16 January 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1947 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Elaine Murphy: Baroness Murphy English academic and politician.
- Magdalen Nabb: English author and educator (d. 2007).
- Sara Olson: American criminal.
- Harvey Proctor: English politician.
- Sarah Jane Olson: American political activist.
- Juliet Berto: Grenoble, France -- Actress (Le Sex Shop)
- Laura Schlessinger: American counselor and radio personality. She publishes The Dr. Laura Perspective Magazine with information, advice and solutions, focusing on family, kids, morality and religion. Her books include "Parenthood by Proxy," HarperCollins, 2000.
- Ovidio Bompressi: Italian homicide, a member of a political group, Lotta Continua. Police Chief Calabresi had been shot to death on the morning of 5/17/1972, c. 9:15 AM when he left home, Rome by a young man in a Fiat with another person driving. In July 1988, Leonardo Marino, a member of the group, turned himself over to the police and declared that he was the driver of the car from which Ovidio Bompressi shot Calabresi on the orders of Sofri and Stefani, executives of the party.
- Michel Chion: French composer of experimental music and a theoretician and teacher of audio-visual relationships. His book "L’audio-vision. Son et image au cinéma," originally published in France in 1990, is critically acclaimed as the definitive book on the relations between sound and image in film.
- Dr Laura Schlessinger in Brooklyn: New York, USA; TV/radio host/author (Go take on the day).
- Georgette Mosbacher: CEO (La Prairie cosmetics).
- Vincent Aurial elected President of France.
- Vincent Auriol is inaugurated as president of France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?