Thursday 16 January 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juliet Berto and Dr Laura Schlessinger in Brooklyn.
Lady in the Lake, directed by Robert Montgomery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bristol-Myers Tele-Varieties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1947 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Juliet Berto: Grenoble, France -- Actress (Le Sex Shop).
- Dr Laura Schlessinger in Brooklyn: New York, USA; TV/radio host/author (Go take on the day).
- Georgette Mosbacher: CEO (La Prairie cosmetics).
- Sarah Jane Olson: American political activist.
- Ovidio Bompressi: Italian homicide, a member of a political group, Lotta Continua.
- Michel Chion: French composer of experimental music and a theoretician and teacher of audio-visual relationships. His book "L’audio-vision. Son et image au cinéma," originally published in France in 1990, is critically acclaimed as the definitive book on the relations between sound and image in film.
- Laura Schlessinger: American counselor and radio personality. She publishes The Dr. Laura Perspective Magazine with information, advice and solutions, focusing on family, kids, morality and religion. Her books include "Parenthood by Proxy," HarperCollins, 2000.
- Elaine Murphy: Baroness Murphy English academic and politician
- Magdalen Nabb: English author and educator (d. 2007)
- Sara Olson: American criminal
- Harvey Proctor: English politician
- Vincent Aurial elected President of France.
- Vincent Auriol is inaugurated as president of France.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 January 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - Huggin' and a-Chalkin'
- A Gal in Calico - Bing Crosby
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?