Monday 16 January 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Debbie Allen in Houston and Debbie Allen.
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while A Rage To Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky King, Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1950 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Debbie Allen in Houston: Texas, USA; dancer/actress (3 Girls 3, Lydia - Fame).
- Debbie Allen: American dancer and actress, younger sister of Phylicia Rashad.
- Damo Suzuki: Japanese-born singer for the influential 70's-era German underground rock group, CAN for three years beginning in 1970.
- Brian Castro: Hong Kong-Australian author and academic.
- Robert Schimmel: American comedian actor and producer (d. 2010).
- Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands recognize Israel.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 January 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?