Tuesday 16 January 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Thompson and Glenn Ordway.
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two Girls Named Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1951 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Richard Thompson: rocker (BT Express - "Here Comes the Express").
- Glenn Ordway: American radio talk show host.
- Viet Minh offensive against Hanoi, Vietnam.
- World's largest gas pipeline opens (Brownsville, Texas, to 134th Street, New York City, New York).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 January 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?