Tuesday 16 January 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1951 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Glenn Ordway: American radio talk show host.
- Richard Thompson: rocker (BT Express - "Here Comes the Express").
- Viet Minh offensive against Hanoi, Vietnam.
- World's largest gas pipeline opens (Brownsville, Texas, to 134th Street, New York City, New York).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?