Wednesday 16 January 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bend of the River, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1952 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Roberta Baskin: New York, United States -- Correspondent (48 Hours).
- Lloyd Blaine Hammond Jr in Savannah: Georgia, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 39, 64).
- King Fuad: II of Egypt.
- L Blaine Hammond: NASA astronaut.
- Ahmed Fuad: Egyptian royalty, the son of King Farouk I and the grandson of King Ahmed Fuad.
- Anne Barbault: French astrologer and member of a noted French astrology family, the daughter of Andre Barbault. She is a pro astrologer herself and an author.
- Piercarlo Ghinzani: Italian race car driver and manager
- L Hammond: American colonel pilot and astronaut
- Fuad II: Fuad II of Egypt
- Julie Peters: American engineer and author
- New Dutch bible translation finished.
- US Standard Board clears Stan Musial to get an $85,000 salary.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?