Saturday 16 January 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1954 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Wolfgang Schmidt: German discus thrower.
- Vasili Zhupikov: Russian footballer and coach (d. 2015).
- Guy Carlton: American athlete, a weightlifter, he won an Olympic bronze medal at the 1984 events.
- Nina Grunfeld: British writer, journalist, public speaker and entrepreneur.
- Michail M Prishvin: Russian writer, dies.
- South Pacific closes at Majestic Theater in New York City, New York after 1928 performances.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?