Wednesday 16 January 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1957 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ricardo Darin: Argentine actor.
- Jurijs Andrejevs: Latvian footballer and manager.
- Ricardo Darín: Argentinian actor director and screenwriter.
- Mark Pawsey: English businessman and politician.
- 3 B-52s leave California for 1st non-stop round world flights
- The Cavern Club opens in Liverpool.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower is inaugurated for a second term as President of the United States.
- Israel withdraws from the Sinai Peninsula (captured from Egypt on October 29, 1956).
- The New York City ampquotMad Bomberampquot, George P. Metesky, is arrested in Waterbury, Connecticut, and is charged with planting more than 30 bombs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?