Thursday 16 January 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1958 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Andriy Bal: Ukrainian footballer and coach (d. 2014).
- Anatoli Boukreev: Russian mountaineer and explorer (d. 1997).
- Lena Ek: Swedish lawyer and politician 9th Swedish Minister for the Environment.
- Marla Frazee: American author and illustrator.
- Tony Pulis: Welsh footballer and manager.
- Andris Šķēle: Latvian businessman and politician 4th Prime Minister of Latvia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1958 and get them!