Saturday 16 January 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frédéric Boilet and Marco Furlan.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to El Paso by Marty Robbins.
In UK What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For? by Emile Ford & The Checkmates was in the top 5 hits.
The Men Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise and Consent by Allen Drury Hawaii was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Firma Hesselbach.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1960!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1960 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?