Monday 16 January 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Boys Are, directed by Henry Levin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1961 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Nicolas Miguet: French journalist, businessman and politician.
- Paul Raven: English bass player (Killing Joke Prong Godflesh Zilch Society 1 and Ministry) (d. 2007).
- Kenneth Sivertsen: Norwegian guitarist and composer (d. 2006).
- Janos Viski: Composer, dies at 54.
- Conquering Hero opens at ANTA Theater NYC for 8 performances
- Russian espionage ring detected in Great Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?