Sunday 16 January 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1966 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Anthony Washington: Glasgow, Montana -- Discus thrower (1996 Olympics - 4th Place).
- Jack McDowell in Van Nuys: California, USA; pitcher (New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians).
- Margarete Susman: Writer, dies at 91.
- Harold R Perry becomes 2nd black Roman Catholic Bishop in US
- Metropolitan Opera House opens in Lincoln Center.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?