Tuesday 16 January 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1968 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:16 January
- 21st NHL All-Star Game: Toronto Maple Leafs beat All-Stars 4-3 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- The Youth International Party is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?