Tuesday 16 January 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're So Vain by Carly Simon.
In UK Long Haired Lover From Liverpool by Little Jimmy Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1973!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1973 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Mario Bates: NFL-running back (New Orleans Saints).
- Willie Whitehead: Canadian Football League defensive end (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Josie Davis in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Sarah - Charles in Charge).
- Josie Davis: TV Actress.
- Ray Barrett: Sportscaster (Gillette Summer Sports Reel), dies at 65.
- NBC presents 440th and final showing of Bonanza
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Hurricane Smith - Oh, Babe, What Would You Say?
- Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together
- Kenny Loggins - Your Mama Don't Dance
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
- Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?