Thursday 16 January 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Mandy by Barry Manilow.
In UK Streets Of London by Ralph McTell was in the top 5 hits.
Kurutta ippêji, directed by Teinosuke Kinugasa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1975!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1975 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Gillian Iliana Waters: American actress.
- Taoufik Lachheb: French athlete, a pole vaulter (personal best at 5.72 metres), twin brother of Khalid Lachheb, also a pole vaulter.
- Khalid Lachheb: French athlete, a pole vaulter who set his personal best (5.
- Greg Strause: American visual effects creator.
- Anthony Taberna: Filipino journalist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Manilow - Mandy
- Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
- Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- Elton John - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- Stevie Wonder - Boogie On Reggae Woman
- Paul McCartney - Junior's Farm
- Paul Anka - One Man Woman/One Woman Man
- Donny and Marie Osmond - Morning Side Of The Mountain
- Gloria Gaynor - Never Can Say Goodbye
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?