Wednesday 16 January 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1980 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Lin Manuel Miranda: American actor, composer, lyricist (In The Heights).
- Seydou Keita: Malian footballer.
- Alyssa Edwards: Reality Star.
- Lin-manuel Miranda: Rapper.
- Albert Pujols: Baseball Player.
- Anna van Wageningen-Salomons: Dut Author (Unspoilt Dream), dies at 94.
- Paul McCartney jailed in Tokyo for 10 days on marijuana possession
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Little River Band - Cool Change
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?