Friday 16 January 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1981!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1981 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jamie Lundmark: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Paul Rofe: Australian cricketer.
- Nick Valensi: American guitarist (The Strokes).
- Bobby Zamora: English footballer.
- Bernard Lee: London, England -- Actor (M in James Bond movies).
- John Lennon releases Woman in the UK
- Boxer Leon Spinks is mugged, his assailants even take his gold teeth.
- Protestant gunmen shoot and wound Bernadette Devlin McAliskey and her husband.
- Ivan Lendl intentionally loses a match in the Volvo Masters in order to avoid having to play Bj�rn Borg.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- The Police - De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?