Thursday 16 January 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Bend It Like Beckham, directed by Gurinder Chadha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Summons by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Office.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Decisive Battles of WWII: Korsun Pocket or Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2003 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- Richard Wainwright: English soldier and politician (d. 2003).
- The Space Shuttle Columbia takes off for mission STS-107 which would be its final one. Columbia disintegrated 16 days later on re-entry.
- President Bush visits the University of Scranton in downtown Scranton, Pennsylvania, to give a speech on medical liability reform amidst major medical malpractice in northeastern Pennsylvania. Bush criticized state attorneys for ampquotfrivolous lawsuitsampquot, vowing to decrease excessive jury awards and propose a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages. The president later paid a visit to Scranton's Mercy Hospital.
- US Senator Russ Feingold introduces a bill to halt the Information Awareness Office and Total Information Awareness pending a review of privacy issues involved. The US Congress attempting to suspend an internal Department of Defense project is a highly unusual step.
- UN weapons inspectors in Iraq stated that they found empty rocket warheads, designed to carry chemical warfare agents, at the Ukhaider Ammunition Storage Area.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?