Wednesday 16 January 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Games, directed by Michael Haneke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2008 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- In Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Oracle Corp announces it will acquire BEA Systems for US$8.5 billion in cash.
- The proposed lyrics for the Spanish national anthem are withdrawn. (AP via ''The International Herald Tribune'')
- The discovery of ''Tahina spectabilis'', a palm in northern Madagascar that dies after flowering, is announced. (BBC News)
- Three United States Army soldiers are killed and another two wounded by small arms fire in the northern Salahuddin province of Iraq. (Reuters)
- War in Somalia (2006–present): A huge blast in Mogadishu targeted an Ethiopian army convoy as it drove through a major intersection, killing seven soldiers on board, witnesses reported. (Garowe Online)
- War in Pakistan (2004–present) Sararogha Fort raid: Islamic militants overrun and capture a Pakistani military outpost, Sararogha Fort, close to the Afghan border in a battle that kills seven Pakistani soldiers and leaves 20 missing. The Pakistani military claims 50 attackers also died. (AP via Google News)
- Avigdor Lieberman, the Israeli Strategic Affairs Minister, resigns from the Cabinet of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert with 10 party colleagues resigning from the government as well. (AFP via Google News)
- A roadside bomb hits a bus in Buttala in southeastern Sri Lanka killing at least 23 people and injuring 67 others. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?