Friday 16 January 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Just Dance by Lady GaGa.
Moon, directed by Duncan Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boom Blox Bash Party or Comet Crash.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2009 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- Bank of America is rescued by the U.S. government with a US$20 billion bailout and a guarantee for almost $100 billion of potential losses on toxic assets.
- The US government issues a ban on import of ancient coins of China earlier than 907, without provenances.
- Poodism is founded as a religion
- Panama officially recognizes Kosovo. (Panama Ministry For Foreign Affairs)
- Computer worm Conficker infects more than eight million Microsoft Windows-based personal computers. (CNN)
- Lithuanian police disperse angry protesters mobbing Parliament as an anti-government demonstration turns violent. (International Herald Tribune)
- Trooper Mark Donaldson of the Australian Special Air Service Regiment is awarded the Victoria Cross for gallantry during the War in Afghanistan. (The Australian)
- Palestinian medical sources report 1,010 people have died and 4,700 have been wounded during the conflict with Israel. (CNN)
- The trial of two accused murderers of Meredith Kercher begins in Perugia, Italy. (Sky News)
- Somali pirates release the Danish cargo ship CEC ''Future'' after receiving a ransom payment. (AP via Google News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 January 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?