Monday 16 January 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome to the Basement.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 007 Legends or Dokuro.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2012 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- Romanian protests: Demonstrations continue for the fifth consecutive day against president Traian Băsescu and the Emil Boc government in more than 60 cities across the country. (Realitatea TV)
- John Burnside wins the T. S. Eliot Prize. (''The Guardian'')
- The King Center publishes online 200,000 personal papers belonging to Martin Luther King, Jr. to mark his birthday. (BBC News)
- European sovereign debt crisis:
- The Standard Poors credit rating agency lowers its long-term credit rating on the European Financial Stability Facility, the eurozone's bailout fund to help indebted European countries with their finances, from AAA to AA+ following the downgrade of France and Austria, who are two of the fund's backers. (''FT'')
- The online shoe retailer Zappos reports that up to 24 million customer accounts may have been accessed by hackers, and has warned its customers to change their passwords. (''The Guardian'')
- Seán Quinn, Ireland's richest person as recently as 2008, is declared bankrupt at the High Court. (RTÉ News)
- The English Wikipedia will be shut down on Wednesday in protest against anti-piracy legislation proposed by the United States Congress. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?