Sunday 16 July 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1911 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Paul Dor: Marseille physician.
- Sonny Tufts: Actor (Atomic Blonde, 7 Year Itch), dies at 58.
- Johan Hygen: Norwegian theologian and professor at the University of Oslo (1954-1978).
- Ginger Rogers: American dancer and actress, a glamour queen swathed in chic with a firm gaze, strong stride and down-home vowels.
- Sonny Tufts [Bowen Charleston Tufts II]: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actor (Variety Girl).
- Carveth Wells: British poet, journalist and traveler who led a comparatively short life packed with adventure. At the age of 19, he hitch-hiked around the world, was unhappily married at the age of 21, and paralyzed at 24. After his paralysis, he spent the last 11 years of his life in a bath chair.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?