Sunday 16 July 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sonny Tufts [Bowen Charleston Tufts II] and Johan Hygen.
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1911 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Sonny Tufts [Bowen Charleston Tufts II]: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actor (Variety Girl).
- Johan Hygen: Norwegian theologian and professor at the University of Oslo (1954-1978).
- Ginger Rogers: American dancer and actress, a glamour queen swathed in chic with a firm gaze, strong stride and down-home vowels.
- Carveth Wells: British poet, journalist and traveler who led a comparatively short life packed with adventure.
- Paul Dor: Marseille physician.
- Sonny Tufts: Actor (Atomic Blonde, 7 Year Itch), dies at 58
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sharpshooters' March - Guido Deiro
- That's Why I Never Married - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?