Friday 16 July 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Howard and Philip Randle.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1926 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Brian Howard: Deputy Chairman (Marks & Spencer).
- Philip Randle: Biochemist.
- Alain Rerat: Nancy physician.
- Ivica Horvat: Croatian footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Irwin Rose: American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2015).
- Jaspar government asks authority to save Belgian franc
- National Geographic takes first natural-color undersea photos.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mary Lou - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- There's a Blue Ridge in My Heart, Virginia - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sugar - Ethel Waters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?