Sunday 16 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Each Dawn I Die, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1939 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Corin Redgrave: British actor, political activist and noted family, the son of actor Sir Michael Redgrave (born 3/20/1908, Bristol) and his wife, actress Rachel Kempson (born 5/28/1910, Dartmouth), a distinguished theatrical family.
- William Bell: American singer-songwriter.
- Denise LaSalle: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Shringar Nagaraj: Indian actor and producer (d. 2013).
- Mariele Ventre: Italian singer and conductor (d. 1995).
- Marion Pitt: Social worker / writer
- Mary Parkinson: British broadcaster
- Nicolas Seydoux: French official, the President of Gaumont, the president of the association against audiovisual piracy, and the vice president of the Arte France supervisory board.
- Beatrice Erskine Lane Suzuki: Zen student.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?