Thursday 16 July 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Desmond Dekker [Dacris] and Margaret Smith.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1942 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Desmond Dekker [Dacris]: Jamaica -- Reggae pioneer (Aces-Israelites).
- Margaret Smith: Court in Australia; tennis pro (1970 Grand Slam).
- John Purdin: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Los Angeles Dodgers from 1964 to 1969.
- Margaret Court: Australian tennis player and minister.
- Frank Field: English politician.
- French police arrest 13,152 Jews in Paris
- Jews transported from Holland to extermination camp
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?