Thursday 16 July 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1942 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- John Purdin: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Los Angeles Dodgers from 1964 to 1969.
- Margaret Smith: Court in Australia; tennis pro (1970 Grand Slam).
- Desmond Dekker [Dacris]: Jamaica -- Reggae pioneer (Aces-Israelites).
- Margaret Court: Australian tennis player and minister.
- Frank Field: English politician.
- French police arrest 13,152 Jews in Paris
- Jews transported from Holland to extermination camp
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?