Sunday 16 July 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1944 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Angharad Rees: English-Welsh actress and jewellery designer (d. 2012).
- John Post: Dutch farmer / resistance fighter (passage fight), executed.
- Dodgers score 8 unearned runs against Braves to win 8-5 and break their 16-game losing streak, they will lose another 5 in a row
- WWII: The first contingent of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force arrives in Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Walk Alone - Martha Tilton
- Amor - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- Louise - Russ Morgan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?