Wednesday 16 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1947 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Don Burke: Australian television host and producer.
- Alexis Herman: American businesswoman and politician 23rd United States Secretary of Labor.
- Assata Shakur: American-Cuban criminal and activist.
- O[renthal] J[ames] Simpson: San Francisco, California -- NFL Running Back (Buffalo Bills) / actor.
- Roelof P Meyer: South African under Minister of Law & Order etc.
- Tom Boggs: Rock drummer (Box Tops)
- Raoul Wallenberg: Swedish humanitarian (exact date of death uncertain) (Born 1912).
- Bobo Newsom wins 200th game, 1st as a Yankee andYanks 18th straight In nightcap Vic Rashi extends streak to 19
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?