Sunday 16 July 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1950 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Pierre Paradis: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Dennis Priestley: English darts player.
- Frances Spalding: English historian and academic.
- Tom Terrell: American journalist, musicologist and DJ (d. 2007).
- Camille Saviola: Bronx, New York -- Actress (Nightlife).
- Valery Yevgenyevich Maksimenko: Russian Colonel / Cosmonaut
- Single day 16-team home run record set at 37 (National League-25, American League-12).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?