Monday 16 July 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Esther M Friesner[-Stutzman] and Lorraine Chase.
Show Boat, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1951 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Esther M Friesner[-Stutzman]: United States -- Sci-fi author (Witchwood Cradle).
- Lorraine Chase: English actress and model.
- Alain Malagnac: French artist and businessman, he lived with transsexual Amanda Lear.
- Jean-Luc Mongrain: Canadian journalist.
- 1st Dutchman to win Tour de France (Wim Van Est)
- King Leopold III of Belgium abdicates in favor of his son, Baudouin I of Belgium.
- Len Hutton scores his 100th 100, Yorks vs. Surrey at The Oval
- Novel Catcher in Rye by JD Salinger published
- Congress grants US Secret Service permanent authority.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger is published for the first time by Little, Brown and Company.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 July 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?