Tuesday 16 July 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1957 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Jean-Louis Battistini: French motorcycle racer, one of the winners of the Le Mans 24 Hour Motorcycle race.
- Faye Grant: American actress.
- Alexandra Marinina: Ukrainian-Russian colonel and author.
- Alan Donnelly: MP (Labour).
- Wlodi Smolarek: Soccer player (FC Utrecht).
- Marine Major John Glenn sets transcontinental speed record (3:28:08).
- United States Marine major John Glenn flies a F8U Crusader supersonic jet from California to New York in 3 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds, setting a new transcontinental speed record.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?