Thursday 16 July 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Mama Told Me (Not To Come) by Three Dog Night.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1970 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Wil VanLandingham: American pro baseball pitcher who was selected in the fifth round of free-agent draft pick by the San Francisco Giants 6/03/1992.
- Fabio Casartelli: Cyclist.
- Phil Graham: Halifax, Nova Scotia -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- William Van Landingham: Columbia, Tennessee -- Pitcher (SF Giants).
- Raimonds Miglinieks: Latvian basketball player and coach.
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul: Thai director producer and screenwriter
- Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Bread - Make It With You
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
- The Pipkins - Gimme Dat Ding
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?