Friday 16 July 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Umana and Dross .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, directed by Colin Higgins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rätselflug.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cave of the Word Wizard or Cosmic Ark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1982 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Michael Umana: Costa Rican footballer.
- Dross : YouTube Star.
- Carli Lloyd: Soccer Player.
- André Greipel: German cyclist.
- Michael Umaña: Costa Rican footballer.
- Leendert Braat: Sculptor / writer (White World).
- Charles Robberts Swart: South African politician, 1st State President of South Africa (Born 1894).
- Patrick Dewaere: French leading man of films of the 1970s; a second generation actor, borrowing is grandmother’s last name when he began performing with an improve group in 1968.
- George P Shultz sworn in as Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Sun Myung Moon sentenced to 18 months for tax fraud
- In New York City, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon is sentenced to 18 months in prison and fined $25,000 for tax fraud and conspiracy to obstruct justice.
- NASA launches Landsat 4 to thematic map the Earth.
- George P. Shultz begins term as US Secretary of State.
- In New York City, The Reverend Sun Myung Moon is sentenced to 18 months in prison and fined $25,000 for tax fraud and conspiracy to obstruct justice.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?