Sunday 16 July 1995
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Diaz and Brandon Pent.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Waterfalls by TLC.
In UK Boom Boom Boom by The Outhere Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Clueless, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while Beach Music by Pat Conro was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toini ja Heikki Haaman Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Battle Dome or Front Mission.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1995!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1995 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Famous Birthdays:16 July
- Charles Bruck: Hungarian / French / US conductor (Dutch Opera), dies at 83.
- Eleanore M "May" Sarton: Belg / US writer (Land of Silence), dies at 83.
- Juan Manuel Fangio: Racing Driver, dies at 84.
- Max Factor Jr: Makeup inventor.
- Patsy Ruth Miller: Actress (Wide Open, Sap, Twin Beds), dies at 91.
- Peter Francis de Sautoy: Publisher, dies at 83
- Stephen Harold Spender: Writer, dies at 86
- Mordechai Gur: Israeli politician and the 10th Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces. During the Six-Day War (1967), he commanded the division that penetrated the Old City of Jerusalem and broadcast the famous words, "The Temple Mount is in our hands!" As Chief of Staff, he had responsibility for planning and executing Operation Entebbe (1976) to free Jewish hostages in Uganda. He later entered the Knesset and held various ministerial portfolios. He contracted terminal cancer and committed suicide with a
- Travis Kemp: British ballet dancer, teacher and director. He toured South Africa and Australia with Victor Dandre's Russian Ballet - the company that had been a frame for the immortal Anna Pavlova. Kemp married English ballerina, Molly Lake, with whom he ran a ballet school in later years. Kemp died in Nottingham on 16 July 1995.
- May Sarton: Belgian-American author with seven decades of written material produced. She authored a dozen novels, some dozen books of poetry and her famous moving journals. The publication of one of her journals was always considered an event, revealing inner and outer insights of reality, and her love of nature and solitude. Sarton had a lesbian relationship but did not care for the classification. Championed by feminists and college students; her sense of personal honesty demanded she reveal her lesbianis
- Stephen Spender: English author and poet (d. 1995)
- Buttons on Broadway closes at Ambassador Theater NYC after 40 performances
- Chronicles of a Death Foretold closes at Plymouth NYC after 55 performances
- 13th Seniors Players Golf Championship: J C Snead
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- TLC - Waterfalls
- The Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance-Stay With Me
- Monica - Don't Take It Personal
- Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry
- Nicki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Michael Jackson - Scream
- Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?
- All-4-One - I Can Love You Like That
- Shaggy - Boombastic
- Blues Traveler - Run-Around
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?