Friday 16 July 1999
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Bills, Bills, Bills by Destiny's Child.
In UK 9pm (Till I Come) by ATB was in the top 5 hits.
The Haunting, directed by Jan de Bont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Hannibal by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The ClueFinders 5th Grade Adventures: The Secret of the Living Volcano or Evil Zone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1999!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1999 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 July
- John F. Kennedy, Jr., piloting a Piper Saratoga aircraft, dies when his plane crashes into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Martha's Vineyard. His wife Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and sister-in-law Lauren Bessette are also killed.
- Mercury program: Liberty Bell 7 is raised from the Atlantic Ocean.
- Falun Gong is banned in the People's Republic of China under Jiang Zemin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- Whitney Houston - It's Not Right But It's Okay
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Smash Mouth - All Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?