Sunday 16 July 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
The Merry Jail, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Series of Pop Culture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assault Heroes or Mario Hoops 3-on-3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 16 July 2006 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 July
- It is reported that Tropical Storm Bilis killed at least 115 people when it hit southeastern China on Friday. (CNN)
- An Iraqi general claims that a suicide bombing in a Shiite cafe in northern Iraq has killed 25 people. (Newsday)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon crisis:
- 25 Lebanese are killed in Israeli Air Force strikes in southern Lebanon. (Haaretz)
- Hezbollah rockets hit the major Israeli city of Haifa, killing 8 civilians and wounding 17. More than a hundred rockets were fired against numerous urban areas in the north of Israel, as far south as Afula, killing 8 civilians and wounding 53. Local train lines and universities closed down. (Jerusalem post)
- Israel increases the alert level in Tel Aviv in preparation to further attacks. (Reuters)
- Lebanon security officials claim that an Israeli air strike on Tyre kills at least 16 people and wounds 42. (BBC)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- Hamas militants launch ten Qassam rockets against Sderot and Ashkelon, causing damage in residential areas but no casualties. Israel Air Force strikes kill five militants and one civilian in the Gaza Strip. (Haaretz)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?