Sunday 16 June 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Forward, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1901!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1901 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Arthur Pierson: Oslo, Norway -- Actor / director (Hat Check Girl).
- Conrad Beck: Composer.
- Henri Lefebvre: French Marxist philosopher and sociologist, best known for pioneering the critique of everyday life, for introducing the concepts of the right to the city and the production of social space, and for his work on dialectics, alienation, and criticism of Stalinism, existentialism, and structuralism.
- Hermann Grimm: German writer / Poet / historian.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?