Thursday 16 June 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1904.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 16 June 1904 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Auf der Radrennbahn in Friedenau
Which were the important events of 16 June 1904 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
See other famous people born on 16 June
- Eugen Schauman assassinates Nikolai Bobrikov, Governor-General of Finland.
- Irish author James Joyce begins a relationship with Nora Barnacle and subsequently uses the date to set the actions for his novel Ulysses; this date is now traditionally called ''Bloomsday''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Toyland - Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.
This collection of literature attempts to compile many of the classic, timeless works that have stood the test of time and offer them at a reduced, affordable price, in an attractive volume so that everyone can enjoy them.
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web.
But if we return not from our adventure," ended Sir Mortimer, "if the sea claims us, and upon his sandy floor, amid his Armida gardens, the silver-singing mermaiden marvel at that wreckage which was once a tall ship and at ...
Tell the world why 16 June 1904 is such a special date for you!