Saturday 16 June 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1917 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Irving Penn: American photographer (d. 2009).
- Phaedon Gizikis: Greek general and politician President of Greece (d. 1999).
- Katharine Graham: American publisher (d. 2001).
- Aurelio Lampredi: Italian automobile and aircraft engine designer (d. 1989).
- Lester Steers: American athlete, a track and field champion who held world records for high jumps in 1941.
- Katherine Graham: American publisher of the Washington Post, one of the giants of the media industry. On 5 June 1940 she married Philip Graham, owner of the Post and they had one daughter and three sons. When her husband escaped his bi-polar distress with suicide in 1963, she took over the empire. Her platform remained a quest for journalistic excellence through the years and she was admired the world over for her courage and initiative, including the groundbreaking coverage of the Watergate scandal. Graham liter
- Jacques Arnoux: Baccarat Military man
- 1st Congress of Soviets convene in Russia
- 49th Belmont: James Butwell aboard Hourless wins in 2:17.8
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Magic of Your Eyes - Charles Harrison
- Love Will Find The Way - Reed Miller
- Hawaiian Butterfly - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?