Saturday 16 June 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Lonesome, directed by Paul Fejos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1928 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Speedy O Long: American politician (d. 2006).
- Karl Weber: German businessman, statistician, research astrologer and author, data collector.
- Speedy Long: American lawyer and politician (d. 2006).
- Harold Hanham: Vice chancellor (Lancaster University).
- Sergiu Comissiona in Buch: Romania; conductor (Haifa Symphony 1959-64).
- Annie Cordy: Belgian/french singer, actress.
- Dr Mark Keppel: American County Superintendent of Los Angeles County Schools from 1902-1928 (Born 1867).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?