Thursday 16 June 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 16 June 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 June 1932 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
See other famous people born on 16 June
- Germany forbids SA / SS-gang fights
- President Herbert Hoover and Vice President Charles Curtis renominated by Republican Convention.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Walter F. Brown -- June 13, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1954
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Emperor Hirohito -- June 6, 1932
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900s and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. Hesperides Press are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.
Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored fathers tells of the bitter struggle to the death between the old and the new in China.
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
Tell the world why 16 June 1932 is such a special date for you!