Wednesday 16 June 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1943 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Joan Van Ark: American actress and director.
- Joan Van Ark in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Valene - Dallas, Knots Landing).
- Frederick Skau: American bartender, creator of the "penny jar," set up in all bars and many places of business with the slogan, "Every penny helps," for AIDS research.
- Race riot in Beaumont Texas (two die).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?