Saturday 16 June 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Salthouse and Michel Viso.
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Racket Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1951 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- John Salthouse: Actor (American Werewolf in London).
- Michel Viso: France -- Cosmonaut.
- Sonia Braga: Maringa, Brazil -- Actress (Dona Flor & Her 2 Husbands).
- June Redfern: British artist, specialising in oils and watercolours, amd renowned as one of Scotland's foremost expressionist landscape painters.
- Louis Sullivan: American transsexual, female to male.
- Charlie Dominici: American singer and guitarist (Dream Theater and Dominici)
- Roberto Durán: Panamanian boxer
- 51st US Golf Open: Ben Hogan shoots a 287 at Oakland Hills Country Club - Michigan
- 83rd Belmont: David Gorman aboard Counterpoint wins in 2:29
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?