Tuesday 16 June 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Valerie Mahaffey and Ian Mosley.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1953 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Valerie Mahaffey: American actress and producer.
- Ian Mosley: Paddington London, United Kingdom -- Drummer (Marillion-Clutching at Straws).
- Margaret Bondfield: English politician and feminist (Born 1873).
- Despite Johnny Mize 2,000th hit, Yanks lose ending 18 game win streak and also ending St. Louis Browns 14 game losing streak
- The Soviet Union and Yugoslavia form diplomatic relations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?